It is oft said those who do not learn from history are doomed to repeat it and, those who do learn from history, are doomed to play witness to those who did not. We are currently playing witness to the Left who are, as per the norm, up to the same tricks they were last century (and the century before that).
On Thursday 10th January 1963, Albert S. Herlong Jr. delivered a speech to Congress outlining what he believed to be the 45 goals of Communism. These goals came from the book “The Naked Communist” by Willard Cleon Skousen. A lot of these goals have been achieved, many are still being worked on and, thankfully, some have failed. It would be wise to consider some of these points. A lot of these points refer directly to the US and her allies but, much of the thought can be applied elsewhere, as we shall see.
3. Develop the illusion that total disarmament by the United States would be a demonstration of moral strength.
This disarmament does not necessarily have to mean the removal of the military but, the removal of arms. This can include the Repeal 2A crowd but, the manifestation that I have seen is the attack against the police service.
Many neo-Marxist and Marx-inspired groups call for the police to be disarmed, divested and destroyed. BLM, as an example, stated in their 2016 list of demands they want a “reallocation of funds at the federal, state and local level from policing and incarceration (JAG, COPS, VOCA)” and a “cut in military expenditure”. These funds are to then be directed into BLM-approved social-programmes and this solution has been “shown to improve community safety”.
11. Promote the U.N. as the only hope for mankind. If its charter is rewritten, demand that it be set up ‘as a one-world government with its own Independent armed forces. (Some Communist leaders believe the world can be taken over as easily by the U.N. as by “Moscow”. Sometimes these two centres compete with each other as they are now doing in the Congo.)
This goal is more pertinent for Britons, especially now we have left the European Union. The EU, a strongly pro-Marx abomination, has been championed as the future and the only way forward, being granted more and more power in an ever-hungry growth.
15. Capture one or both of the political parties in the United States.
The Democrats have been captured but, more overtly, the colloquially known [in some circles] National Socialist British Labourer’s Party has been completely overrun by Marxists, see here, here, here and here.
17. Get control of the schools. Use them as transmission belts for socialism and current Communist propaganda. Soften the curriculum. Get control of teachers’ associations. Put the party line in textbooks.
In the UK, around four in five of British University lecturers are left-wing and, in the US, there are 3.6 times as many self-identified Marxists in the social sciences as there are conservatives.
Schools and universities are rife with such nonsense.
Other “educational” institutions have been taken over and filled with Marxist and subjective teachings:
18. Gain control of all student newspapers.
They have done this and taken control of student unions. The NUS is horrendous for pro-Marx rhetoric. [SWP associated groups heavily campaign on campuses and dominate fresher’s fayres.]
19. Use student riots to foment public protests against programs or organizations which are under Communist attack.
Many of the riots in the US, such as Seattle and Berkeley, were attended by university students and professors. For examples, see Eric “Bike Lock” Clanton and Melissa “Muscle” Click.
21. Gain control of key positions in radio, TV, and motion pictures.
The pro-AntiFa press coverage following the AntiFa assaults shows how deep and systemic the Marxist infiltration is. CNN supported AntiFa, violent thug Moldylocks was given a free platform to portray herself as some hapless victim.
22. Continue discrediting American culture by degrading all forms of artistic expression. An American Communist cell was told to “eliminate all good sculpture from parks and buildings, substitute shapeless, awkward and meaningless forms.”
23. Control art critics and directors of art museums. “Our plan is to promote ugliness, repulsive, meaningless art.”
24. Eliminate all laws governing obscenity by calling them “censorship” and a violation of free speech and free press.
This was initially done post Sexual Revolution but, has now turned in on itself through hate speech laws. Ironic.
25. Break down cultural standards of morality by promoting pornography and obscenity in books, magazines, motion pictures, radio, and TV.
In the image below are screenshots of some of the worst offenders:
26. Present homosexuality, degeneracy and promiscuity, as “normal, natural, healthy”.
Throughout the year, our streets are disgraced with these idiotic marches known as “slut-walks” and “Pride”. As an LGBTQI360NOSCOPE+ person, my sexuality/sexual identity is used as a shield to protect and promote public displays of degeneracy. Disgraceful.
I’m sure there were no children nearby, right?
Genuinely, what the f**k?
Sex acts are to be kept behind closed doors, in the privacy of one’s own home. Heck, one can be as depraved and as perverted as one wants, so long as it is safe, legal, consensual, and behind closed doors. They are not to be performed in the street in full view of the public – at least, that’s what I assume a normal and decent person would expect.
In today’s Western world, very few homophobes etc actually exist – the only people who seem to care about sexuality is the Left. Everyone else wants to get on with their lives.
32. Support any socialist movement to give centralized control over any part of the culture-education, social agencies, welfare programs, mental health clinics, etc.
Socialists in the UK want to nationalise Greggs, a pasty shop. I wish that was fake news. Labour has vowed to nationalise railways, energy and the Royal Mail. To quote John McDonnell “we’re taking them back”. The UK health service is nationalised.
37. Infiltrate and gain control of big business.
The James Damore story should tell us all about how far neo-Marxist groups have infiltrated big business.
40. Discredit the family as an institution. Encourage promiscuity and easy divorce.
In the two decades after this talk was given, the US saw a huge spike in divorce rates. This, however, was also coupled with a huge spike in marriages as well. Since the new millennium, both have dropped.
No fault divorce laws exist, these were introduced in the late sixties and early seventies.
42. Create the impression that violence and insurrection are legitimate aspects of the American tradition; that students and special-interest groups should rise up and use united force to solve economic, political or social problems.
See Berkeley, Seattle, Washington and Missouri for evidence of students believing violence is legitimate.
As can be seen, many of these goals have been achieved or, are being worked towards. Much of what we see happening around us has either been done before or, has been predicted/dictated long ago.